Howto: change IceDove UI font size

The toolbar, folder list, and message list font was way too small on my
Etch IceDove install, so I had to research how to change this - you
can't do it in the Preference or Config Editor.

So, for the betterment of all humankind, here's how:

In you IceDove profile folder ~/.mozilla-thunderbird/<random profile
name>, create a directory 'chrome' if it doesn't exist.  Edit or create
a file userChrome.css and paste in this:

/* Global UI font */
* { font-size: 11pt !important;
  font-family: Verdana !important;
}

and restart your IceDove ...

Reference: http://kb.mozillazine.org/Pane_and_menu_fonts

If other people have had this problem, reply and I'll add this tip to
the Debian Wiki and file a bug report.
Andrew Malcolmson