Re: OT: clicky keyboards

On Dec 10, 2007, at 5:15 PM, David Brodbeck wrote:

On Dec 10, 2007, at 3:51 PM, Miles Bader wrote:
I agree the Apple II and TRS-80 keyboards were crap, but I have very
fond memories of hacking on the VT-100.  I guess the keyboard feel
wasn't all that great compared to a model-m or something, but there was just something very nice about the whole package (the keyboard _shape_,
and key layout on the VT-100, for instance, were great)...

What I remember most about the VT-100 is that it had the loudest system bell I'd ever heard. There was a 3" speaker in the bottom of the keyboard.

Overall I preferred the VT-330. It was much more compact, and the amberchrome CRT was easier on the eyes than the VT-100's black-and- white tube.

I spent a lot of time on the Wyse 55 and 60... (you can still get those, I believe Wyse still sells them)...

--
Nate Duehr, WY0X
nate@natetech.com