Re: Anyone using Debian on notebook?

On Sun, Dec 09, 2007 at 03:27:12PM +0900, js <ebgssth@gmail.com> was heard to say:
> So I'm thinking that I also switch my notebook's OS to Debian.
> Before starting this switch, I like to hear some comments from
> people who's using Debian on their notebook.
> Is there any annoyance?

  I could tell you about how well my laptop works for me, but that's
mainly a function of the hardware and my work habits; everything I need
to use regularly works.  How Debian works on a laptop depends mainly on
the hardware, so I'd suggest trying to find reports from people who have
installed Debian on an Apple notebook.  You might also want to get a
Debian live CD (e.g., from http://debian-live.alioth.debian.org) and try
booting it to get a feeling for your compatibility without having to
move OSX out of the way and install Debian.

  Daniel