Re: Download Opera brower package

--- Angus Auld <aonghas_auld@yahoo.com> wrote:

> --- hce <webmail.hce@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > Thanks Mark.
> >
> > That works fine. The only thing when I call the
> > opera from the command
> > line, it has following errors although it still
> > works. Should I
> > concern that error messages or not?
> >

> > ~$ opera
> > ~$ ERROR: ld.so: object 'libjvm.so' from
> LD_PRELOAD
> > cannot be
> > preloaded: ignored.
> > ERROR: ld.so: object 'libawt.so' from LD_PRELOAD
> > cannot be preloaded: ignored.
> > ** Message: plugin_get_value 1 (1)
> >
> > ** Message: plugin_get_value 2 (2)
> >
> > Thank you.
> >
> > Kind Regards,
> >
> > Jim
> >
> > On 12/4/07, Mark Grieveson <dg135@torfree.net>
> > wrote:
> > > On Mon,  3 Dec 2007 11:29:22 +0000 (UTC)
> > > debian-user-digest-request@lists.debian.org

> the
> > apt-get install, but

> > > Just add the following to your
> > /etc/apt/sources.list, update, and then
> > > you'll be able to install opera.
> > >
> > > deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ etch non-free
> > >
> > > Mark
> >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
> The error is an issue to do with java and preloaded
> Xt. Opera has
> a workaround for this. The plugin messages could be
> related to
> this, but I am unsure of that.
> Try starting Opera with debugjava option (opera
> --debugjava).
> Test your java install here:
>
> http://www.java.com/en/download/installed.jsp
>
> If the workaround is indeed working, opera
> --debugjava
> will
> make this apparent, as well as offer a technical
> explanation
> of the issue.
>
> Regards.
>
> -- Angus

To elaborate a little, I have been an Opera user for
many
years, first under M$ and for several years now under
Linux. I was having so many plugin issues with Opera's

latest releases for Linux (they are working on it),
that I have gone
back to Opera 9.20 Build 638
(opera_9.20-20070409.6-shared-
qt_en_i386.deb), an archived version, available here:

http://deb.opera.com/opera/pool/non-free/o/opera/

I am having better results with the older version, but
of course
YMMV.
Hopefully this issue is to be worked out soon.
More info can be found at Opera Desktop Team site,
here:

http://my.opera.com/desktopteam/blog/

HTH's a little. :)

Regards.

-- Angus

######Linux Laptop powered by Debian Linux######
###########Reg. Linux User #278931###########

Be a better friend, newshound, and