Re: Download Opera brower package

On Tue,  4 Dec 2007 17:48:09 +0000 (UTC)

> On Mon December 3 2007, Mark Grieveson wrote:
> > Just add the following to your /etc/apt/sources.list, update, and
> > then you'll be able to install opera.
> >
> > deb http://deb.opera.com/opera/ etch non-free
> >
> that doesn't work:
> W: GPG error: http://deb.opera.com etch Release: The following
> signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
> available: NO_PUBKEY 033431536A423791
> W: You may want to run apt-get update to correct these problems

Nonsense.  It does work.  Just ignore the error, and bravely proceed
....or, if the error really bothers you, then run this command
before installing:

wget -O - http://deb.opera.com/archive.key | apt-key add

Anyway, just for kicks, I did install it on my system without the
key, and it does work.  First, after adding the repository, update. Here
is the update result (as you pointed out above):

Fetched 30.1kB in 7s (3892B/s)
Reading package lists... Done
W: GPG error: http://deb.opera.com etch Release: The following
signatures couldn't be verified because the public key is not
available: NO_PUBKEY 033431536A423791 W: You may want to run apt-get
update to correct these problems

Then, you do the install, where it will give a bunch of warnings, and,
because you want opera, you'll confidently say "yes" when it asks if
you really want to install opera (see below):

debian:/home/mark# aptitude install opera Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
  opera
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 5655kB of archives. After unpacking 13.1MB will be used.
WARNING: untrusted versions of the following packages will be installed!

Untrusted packages could compromise your system's security.
You should only proceed with the installation if you are certain that
this is what you want to do.

  opera

Do you want to ignore this warning and proceed anyway?
To continue, enter "Yes"; to abort, enter "No": Yes
Writing extended state information... Done
Get:1 http://deb.opera.com etch/non-free opera 9.24-20071015.6 [5655kB]

.... etc

So, it does work.

Mark