Re: Preferred Backup Method?

On Thu December 6 2007, David Brodbeck wrote:
> > The installer acts as a weed-eater: it weeds out users who don't read
> > the docs.  If you don't read, the partioner will kill you.
>
> At least it doesn't require a pocket calculator anymore.  When I
> first installed it you had to manually calculate cylinder boundaries!
>
> OpenBSD is fun, secure, and interesting, but they don't make a secret
> of being newbie-hostile

I don't know about newbie hostile, but I would say it is definitely a UNIX
guru environment.. just trying to download was a frustrating 30 minutes.
there was no "*.iso" like 99.999% of the other distros use. Then it took me a
while to figure out if it was even going to install/run an X environment.
Don't even ask about a LiveCD..:)
 and I've installed UNIX from 36 floppy disks!

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800