exim - what is it? (how does it run)

On Dec 5, 9:40 pm, Andrew Sackville-West <and...@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> On Wed, Dec 05, 2007 at 06:26:38PM -0800, bobg.h...@gmail.com wrote:
> > ie: the command line [from my router] is:
> > data = "">> > {:fail: User unknown }}
>
> > what interpreter can I execute this line of code in to see what the
> > heck it's doing?
>
> one of my lookups that has a fail in it has no colons (:) around
> it and the fail is not in its own set of braces. try it like this:
>
>  data ="">>  ${lookup{$local_part@$domain}lsearch{/etc/exim4/email-accept}fail}}
>
> taking out the User unknown part.
>
> Don't ask me why...

interesting...
I did try it w/o enclosing fail in it's own braces...
but the expansion still shows "fail" when in fact, the lookup was successful.

Does anyone know what language this is?
I can just go look at a language reference for the lookup/lsearch command(s) if I knew what language this was....

TX..
Bob