Re: UPS

On Dec 3, 2007, at 5:36 AM, Hugo Vanwoerkom wrote:
I have a Back-UPS LS 500 that uses the Debian apcupsd package.
It gets excellent support: http://www.apcupsd.org/

It also is a need of a new battery. And getting that in Oaxaca, Mexico is quite another story.

If it helps, gelled lead acid batteries only come in a handful of standard sizes. You don't necessarily have to get one specially blessed by APC -- one from an electronics wholesaler will do. I don't know the exact size your model uses but some of them use sizes that are quite common in burglar alarm systems, emergency exit lights, and things like that.