Re: server login with SSH

phillinux:

> I set-up a plain vanilla, samba (intranet) server for a computer lab in my
> school. I've done this before with SuSE and have switched to Debian Net
> install.

If you have started with a minimal installation, you probably don't have
openssh-server installed.

> I have the kids SSH into their accounts to change their samba passwords but
> the connection is now being refused by the server. there is no problem
> accessing home folders.  I checked the /etc/services file and port 22 seems
> to be open (not commented out).  What should I check next?

/etc/services is just a mapping from ports to service names. It isn't
used for packet filtering, it's just there for your convenience.

J.
--
Driving behind lorries carrying hazardous chemicals makes me wish for a
simpler life.