ntfs-3g and Etch (stable)

Hi,

Does anybody know how to install the latest version of ntfs-3g from http://ntfs-3g.org/ in the latest version of Etch stable???

I just finished installing the latest version of "Etch" and want to setup fstab for read/write access to a couple of XP NTFS partitions.

ntfs-3g seems to be the way I want to go but ntfs-3g isn't part of the stable release of Etch so I downloaded the latest (stable) version of ntfs-3g (1.1120) from the ntfs-3g.org web site and ran ./configure.

./configure told me that I needed to install a version of fuse>=2.6 for it to continue ... but "fuse" (Filesystem in Userspace) is already compiled as a module into Etch stable. I thought that version was 2.6 or better???

So how do I get where I want to go?

Thanks in advance

Don