Re: Is it exist a mailing-list for console only users ?

* David Fox <dfox94085@gmail.com> [2007-11-28 18:56:04 -0800]:

> Could you share setup scripts and/or howto's ? I started to get this
> working when I migrated to gmail a few months ago, but never got it
> working the way I wanted. There was some confusion on how to set up
> ssl certificates (and there was a lot of mention about how to make
> this more secure than by default) so I only got the fetchmail part of
> it working. But the sending part still needs to be worked on. I have
> used postfix in the past with my other email domain, which no longer
> is available.

This is why I use msmtp to send mail from mutt.  Postfix is set up for
local local delivery only, and does not operate chrooted re the Debian
SELinux wiki on selinux setup.  msmtp allows multiple accounts for
sending, selectable within mutt, and is quite easy to set up.  Postfix,
on the other hand, is a bit more arcane in it's setup procedures - and
does not readily allow multiple smtp accounts for sending mail. ssl is
fully supported with msmtp as well.

So: fetchmail-procmail for popping external mail, msmtp for sending
external mail via smtp with ssl, and postfix-procmail for system
messages (logs and the like) delivered to my inbox.

Regards,
Klein