Re: Icedove+Gmail IMAP: crashing when reading message

Matthew Poer wrote:
Are you using any extensions such as Enigmail? This sounds similar to
my experiences of using the official enigmail for seamonkey with
Debian Etch's IceApe. They are compilied with different versions of
GCC, so they don't get along. IceApe would crash every time an email
was opened until I compiled enigmail myself. I wonder if the latest
IceDove used a differnet version of GCC than the latest enigmail?

The only extensions I use are:
1. Header scroll extension (0.3.2)
2. New mail icon (1.2.3, I can easily live without it, if required)
3. Reply to list (0.2.5, Not working, shall uninstall and see)

If you are not using enigmail, we'll need to know more. Did GMAIL POP
access work for you with this same version of IceDove? Do other
POP/IMAP accounts work? Can you send messages?

I am able to access all my gmail accounts using pop and have been doing so for several months. Sending works fine too. I have not tried other IMAP accounts as I don't have any but I don't mind trying some if it can help diagonise the problem.

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi