Re: Icedove+Gmail IMAP: crashing when reading message

Are you using any extensions such as Enigmail? This sounds similar to
my experiences of using the official enigmail for seamonkey with
Debian Etch's IceApe. They are compilied with different versions of
GCC, so they don't get along. IceApe would crash every time an email
was opened until I compiled enigmail myself. I wonder if the latest
IceDove used a differnet version of GCC than the latest enigmail?

If you are not using enigmail, we'll need to know more. Did GMAIL POP
access work for you with this same version of IceDove? Do other
POP/IMAP accounts work? Can you send messages?