Re: troubleshoot lockups

On Nov 28, 11:20 am, "Marc-Etienne M.Léveillé"
<marc.etienne...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Log files are in /var/log. You might want to look into syslog and
> kern.log attach it to your post if you need further help.

Thank you. I'll keep an eye on these if it happens again. I don't see
anything significant in either. I did start gkrellm to see what was up
and that's when it froze up solid, so maybe just avoid that next time.

> When your system is locked, try ctrl+alt+backspace (it force restart
> X) or ctrl+alt+F1 and see if your computer is responding.

Tried both to no avail.

The cupsys is the standard etch install from synaptic. I don't think
that's the problem, as I wasn't printing anything.

All I can see from syslog is that a daily cron job was commencing.

Nov 28 07:39:01 debian /USR/SBIN/CRON[22451]: (root) CMD (  [ -d /var/
lib/php5 ] && find /var/lib/php5/ -type f -cmin +$(/usr/lib/php5/
maxlifetime) -print0 | xargs -r -0 rm)

Not even sure what this is. I think I installed php because I was
looking at Drupal, but should probably just uninstall.

Thanks,

rd