Re: CD to acc

On Nov 28, 2007 9:54 AM, Pantor <pantor@painter-decorator.eu> wrote:
> Installed all according instructions. Sound juicer doesn't like to
> accept new format, but doing job well now. The new problem arised -
> nothing want to  playback m4a.

Please don't top post. This list, like most other open source lists,
prefers replies to be below the original message.

As for m4a playback, do you have libfaad and faad installed?
I would have though the encoder (faac) would have pulled them in,
but maybe not.

You should also install libavcodeccvs51, libavformatcvs51 and
the Debian Multimedia version of ffmpeg (it should have a higher
version number than the main Debian version). If you use Gnome
or Gnome-based media  programs (Totem, etc), install
gstreamer0.10-plugins-really-bad. That should get stuff working.

I should have remembered that you might not have those installed.
I have had them for so long, I forget they are not part of a default
install.

Cheers,
Kelly Clowers