Re: no x version

On Wed, Nov 28, 2007 at 09:45:21AM +0100, NN_il_Confusionario wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 27, 2007 at 10:20:45PM -0500, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > To the OP:  if you want a totally simple text-only, try OpenBSD.
>
> Be warned that it will be strictly text-only: no framebuffer or svgalib
> capabilities for things like links2 zgv fbi bmv fbgs dvifb mplayer ...
>
> At least, that was the status some years ago, but I suppose that still
> today the security interests of OpenBSD are not very compatible with
> such graphic programs in console.

If you want graphics, install X; however, I've never used a framebuffer
in either Debian or OBSD so wouldn't know how to set it up in any case.
The OP said he wanted a text only so I take him at his word.

Also: correction.  I said that there was this problem in 4.2 that would
be fixed when 4.2 came out.  :)  I meant that when 4.2 comes out in 5
months.

Doug.