Re: Is it exist a mailing-list for console only users ?

On Sat, Nov 24, 2007 at 12:31:57AM +0100, s. keeling wrote:
> Paul Cartwright <ale@pcartwright.com>:
> >  On Fri November 23 2007, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> > > When was the last time we had a questio from someone wondering how do do
> > > something in ed?
> >

> >  I still use ed commands.. not daily, but.
>
> I never learned ed, except in vi.

There are unixes (mostly BSD) that don't have a single-user editor other
than ed.  The logic being that if /usr can't mount, there may also be a
problem with termcap/terminfo.  Ed is a nice small exec that can be
statically linked and remain small.  In my emergency toolkit I have ed's
man page.

I suppose editing a file on NetBSD's toaster with a 2-line display is
easier in ed than vim.

Now, if only I could get my head around re's.

Doug.