Re: Is it exist a mailing-list for console only users ?

On Fri November 23 2007, Douglas A. Tutty wrote:
> When was the last time we had a questio from someone wondering how do do
> something in ed?

maybe BUT... when you use VI, you can still do the ":" commands that are ed
based..
I use them all the time, I just got so used to them, I never  ask questions
about them..
:1,$s/whatever/whichever/g

which means, on every line change whatever to whichever and do it for every
occurrence on every line.
I still use ed commands.. not daily, but.

--
Paul Cartwright
Registered Linux user # 367800