Re: [OT]: free ddns service and port rediction 80<-->xyz

On Wed, 21 Nov 2007 11:07:41 -0500
"H.S." <hs.samix@gmail.com> wrote:

> Owen Townend wrote:
>

> > Hey,
> >   Easy fix that works for me.
> >   If your web server isn't already using it then just get ssh to listen
> > on port 443 which the firewall will more than likely let through for
> > https.
> >
> > cheers,
> > Owen.
>
> I have it running, so can't use 443. But I already had this mind. I have
>  asked the related admin what other ports are open. I am not running any
> other services, so hopefully I can make ssh listen on one of those ports.

try 20/21 for ftp (although 20 may be opened only in response to 21), or 53 for
domain name server

also have a look at freedns.afraid.org, I seem to recall that they do what you
want, but I'm not sure if its a redirection from them or a message to your
computer to redirect somewhere else