Re: DHCP Client Won't Connect

On Tuesday 20 November 2007, Andrei Popescu wrote:
> On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 09:03:17PM -0500, Hal Vaughan wrote:
> > Would that be a setting on their router or on their Windows server?
> >  My guess is it depends on whether my system is behind uses NAT.
>
> Whatever they use as the DHCP server. They could also be using some
> managed switches and you are in the wrong vlan.

That makes it sound like it's going to either be a quick fix because we
can find the network engineer or it'll be a slow, plodding, painful
situation because they contracted it out and can't find the person who
knows what to do.

Okay, here's hoping when I get them on the phone tomorrow, they can find
someone who knows what they're doing ASAP.  They can run KInfoCenter
and get the MAC address and add it to their system.  If it goes well,
then they can do that without me even having to go back there, then I
can do the rest by ssh.

Thanks!

Hal