DHCP Client Won't Connect

I have a default Sarge installation that I had to move to a new network.
It had been getting the address through DHCP with no problem.  Now, on
the new network, it tries to connect to a DHCP server, but there's no
connection.  I was not able to copy down the messages because the
business was closing.  I know it's hard to debug a problem without the
error messages, but I was hoping there might be a list "obvious" things
to check.  Basically when I typed "/etc/init.d/networking restart" I
saw a number of attempts to connect on port 67 and each one listed
either a length of time for timeout or something similar.  The numbers
for the time varied.

The people at this company say the CAT5 cable is good, but I'm most
included to question the hardware over software.  Unfortunately, I
don't have control over the hardware.  I may be able to try a cable
swap tomorrow, but I won't have much time (they're closing early and
won't reopen until Monday, after Thanksgiving and the weekend).

I saw a Windows system on the same switch (and therefore on the same
router connection) connected without a problem.  I checked the network
settings on the Windows system and it was just "obtain IP address
automatically."

What could keep a Linux system from connecting to or receiving any
communications from a DHCP server?  Could they be doing something with
their server (likely on Windows) that would keep it from acknowledging
my Linux computer?

I know without error messages there's not much to go on, but any list of
things to check would be a huge help.

Thanks for any suggestions on what to check!

Hal