Re: Internet Problem

On Tue, Nov 20, 2007 at 11:44:56PM +0100, Nigel Henry wrote:
> On Tuesday 20 November 2007 21:57, Bill Smith wrote:
> > Henrique Rennó wrote:
> > > I have a Windows XP machine connected to the Internet and an
> > > additional network card with a fixed IP configured (192.168.0.5). I
> > > connected a crossover network cable to my laptop in which I installed
> > > Debian Sarge 3.1.

> > I may be wrong but I do not think that xp can be set up as a router,
> > except possibly by using the share my internet connection facility.

> I used the "share my internet connection" facility on XP when I first started
> using linux,

me too. and it works fine. The nice thing is that putting debian
behind the XP machine is that all the trojans and bots and worms get
distracted by the XP machine on the way through... ;-P

Seriously though, to the OP, the others are right. Turn on "Share My
Internet Connection" in the properties of the appropriate network
connection. That would be the one that actually connects to the
internet, not the one connected to the laptop.