Re: [OT?] Replying to posts in debian-user

Because Doug has set "Mail-Followup-To: debian-user@lists.debian.org"

> However, this was not the case with some other messages. What I was
> thinking earlier was that if the list sees that the person in the
> "To:" or "CC:" field is also subscribed to the list, then it refrains
> from sending the message to that person, since they would have
> received it "directly".  From now on, I shall dutifully delete the
> additional address before sending.

The list has no control over how you reply. If you send a message to the
list AND the poster your SMTP server (either local or at your ISP) will
send to messages: one to the list and one to the poster. The list has no
control over the first one.

Regards,
Andrei
(Albert Einstein)