Re: help exporting files from guest to host in QEMU....

Hi Michael!

Michael Pobega wrote:
[QEMU]
>> Or is there a simpler method to get files out of the guest
>> environment to the host one?
[...]
> Well, I'm not sure if this would work, but can't you just loop mount
> the image file as you would an ISO type file? Again, I'm not sure if
> it works, but it's definitely worth a try.

I'm using a raw disk image for my DOS-VM, which I can mount with these
mount-options:

  /home/foo/dos.img   /mnt/vm   auto   \
  rw,loop=/dev/loop0,offset=32256,noauto,user     0       0

I'm not sure if the offset is needed. But when I had the same problem
a while ago, I stumpled across lomount[0], which seems to be a part of
Xen. All it did with my raw DOS-image, was mounting it with the above
options, so I assumed lomount redundant for my case. YMMV. Maybe for a
FAT32 filesystem the options are different.

If you mount an image this way, be aware that changes the guest makes
are not immediately available. I'm working around that by remounting the
image everytime I need a "new" file.

HTH!
Tobias

[0] http://fedoraproject.org/wiki/FedoraXenQuickstartFC5