Re: [debian-users] minicom or ISP? - No urgency - answer if you have time.

On Saturday 17 November 2007, Ted Hilts wrote:
> What I was trying to say is that I am not sure where the "AiiNET"
> prompt is coming from.  Is it coming from the ISP or is it being
> manufactured by Minicom as some respone.  I think the "AiiNET" prompt
> is coming from the ISP just as the "user" and "password" prompts are
> coming the the ISP.  If that were not the case then there would have
> been by now many Debian Minicom users knowledgeable  regarding the
> prompt.

As I understand it, or from my experience, if Minicom needs input, it
prompts with a curses type window.  It does not issue prompts in the
middle of a session.

Just out of curiosity, I loaded the Minicom file into KHexEdit and
searched for AiiNET.  There's no instance of that string in the file.
Other prompts and messages are easy to find, so it's definitely NOT
coming from Minicom.

Hal