Re: Is there a "quick" how-to or "getting started" for exim?

On Nov 16, 4:40 pm, Andrew Sackville-West
<and...@farwestbilliards.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 04:04:00PM -0600, Bob Goldberg wrote:
> > I just want to take inbound Email & forward to exchange server only
> > email w/ valid recipients.
> I suspect this won't be much help Bob, but its worth a shot. There is
> a relatively well commented sample configuration file in the debian
> package. You can find it at
>
> /usr/share/doc/exim4/examples/example.conf.gz

> You'll likely need to configure just a handful of options to get what
> you need.
>
> hth at least a little.

ok; first off, let me explain a little better what I want to do:

basically i want exim to take all inbound email, and relay email to
valid recipients on my exhcange 5.5 server. all other email traffic/
relays/spam, should just be dropped/ignored. All outbound Email will
continue to be sent thru the exchange server. So all exim needs to do,
is filter & forward valid inbound Email...

I read Doug's reply, and I'm not 100% sure what a smarthost is, but
don't think this is that application...

Andrew,

that config example looks ALOT closer to a quick getting started
manual than ANYTHING else i've seen!
I'll have to dig into it a bit...  I'm surprised none of my searches
revealed the contents of that file, or references to it...

TX to all for replies!