Re: Is there a "quick" how-to or "getting started" for exim?

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 04:04:00PM -0600, Bob Goldberg wrote:
> running etch in console (no X);
>
> I just want to take inbound Email & forward to exchange server only
> email w/ valid recipients.
>
> isn't there a document that says how to do this in less than 400
> pages???

I suspect this won't be much help Bob, but its worth a shot. There is
a relatively well commented sample configuration file in the debian
package. You can find it at

/usr/share/doc/exim4/examples/example.conf.gz

just unzip it, rename it as /etc/exim4.conf and read through that
file. For something as simple as what you're describing -- merely
relaying, you may be able to figure it out just from that conf file. I
learned more about exim configuration from that file than anywhere
else.

You'll likely need to configure just a handful of options to get what
you need.

hth at least a little.