Re: Sound initialization (alsaconf) difficulty

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 13:34:00 -0600, Russ Cook wrote:
> After an upgrade some time ago, my system no longer initializes
> the sound system.  It was posted before that this could be overcome
> by removing the alsa modules manually, then running udevtrigger.
> Currently, whenever I reboot, I run alsaconf until it removes the
> modules, then escape and run udevtrigger.  This works, but is
> there a way to restore automatic initialization on boot?  I'm
> running Debian Sid, kernel 2.6.23.  Thanks for any help.

Reboot the system and run these two commands (without changing anything
about ALSA):

lsmod | grep snd

ls -l /dev/snd* /dev/dsp

Post the output here and also tell us which sound card you are using
(i.e. post the relevant part of your "lspci" output).

          Florian   |