Re: problems with eps from grace

On Fri, Nov 16, 2007 at 10:52:10AM -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> On Fri, 2007-11-16 at 04:08 +0000, Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
> > On Thu, 15 Nov 2007 16:48:23 -0200, Marcelo Chiapparini wrote:
> >
> > > Hello,
> > >
> > > I am using etch and grace for plotting. With the version of grace in
> > > etch, I am having problems when I save my graphs in eps format. Other
> > > applications doesn't recognize this eps: Latex (texlive) and oo impress
> > > are two examples. This two programas does recognize eps files from other
> > > applications. Does anyone know about a fix or where can I find another
> > > version of grace?
> >
> > What is the output of
> >
> > file file_produced_from_grace.eps
> >
> > Can you see your eps file using a eps viewer like gv without any problem?
>
> Yes! I can see the eps file with gv, evince and acroread. But in Latex,
> the epsfig package doesn't recognize the figure, and doesn't scale it.
> And oo impress give the "unknown file format" message when I try to
> include the file in a presentation. The problem is really annoying,
> mostly with Latex, because I use Latex in work...

What do the first few lines of the .eps file look like?  There should be
a few lines at the top that start with %, indicating what sort of
PostScript file it is.

A minimal set looks something like this:

%!PS-Adobe-3.0 ESPF-3.0
%%BoundingBox: 0 0 72 72

Based on the observed behavior it sounds like it's something else, which
is presumably due to a bug in grace.

The actual rules for what the headers can look like are complicated,
so it's probably best to just paste them verbatim.

Jon Leonard