Re: browser oddities

Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
Kamaraju Kusumanchi wrote:
On Fri, 16 Nov 2007 08:20:49 +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:
2.  Flash image obscuring text.
-------------------------------
I've recently started seeing web pages using flash, in which some flash
image obscures text.  In once case, there was a navigation bar
overlapping the pages's text, which couldn't be made to go away.  In
another case, a popup menu popped up _behind_ a flash image, making it
impossible to see or click on the menu entries.
Yes, that is annoying. But flash *is* annoying anyway, so I just adblock
it away!

adblock is great! But does not seem to work on all the flash images. Sometimes I see a flash advertisement. But there is no "block" tab. Any suggestions about that?

Any example page? You can probably try to block it in the "Blockable items" tab of Adblock+. Also, I heard that flashblock (or some similar sounding extension) is good, though I never used it myself.

I have both installed and find it works quite well. With flashblock, you only run flash applets IF YOU WANT TO by clicking on them. Otherwise, they don't run.

--
Marc Shapiro
mshapiro_42@yahoo.com