Re: browser oddities

David Zelinsky wrote:
I'm having a couple of different problems with my web browser.
I haven't been able to find any mention of solutions, so any help
or pointers would be welcome.

1.  Missing "hide left bar" arrow in Google maps.
In google maps, there's supposed to be a little blue arrow on the left
edge of the map, between the map pane and the area to left with search
results.  Clicking on the arrow is supposed to expand the map to fill
the whole window.

Change the user-agent string from Iceweasel to Firefox (You can find it in about:config, search for useragent.

2.  Flash image obscuring text.
I've recently started seeing web pages using flash, in which some
flash image obscures text.  In once case, there was a navigation bar
overlapping the pages's text, which couldn't be made to go away.  In
another case, a popup menu popped up _behind_ a flash image, making
it impossible to see or click on the menu entries.

Yes, that is annoying. But flash *is* annoying anyway, so I just adblock it away!

--
Raj Kiran Grandhi