Re: 256 color

Chris G wrote:
On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 07:54:56AM -0500, KeLEEgrl28@aol.com wrote:
   Could you please send me the information on how to change my  16 bit
   color to  256 color. I have tried through my display settings but when
   I restart my computer it goes right back to 16 bits.

I think you have your numbers a bit confused!  :-)

"16 bit" colour is 65536 colours, so it's *more* colours than "256
colour".  8-bit colour is 256 colours.

I think the most colour bits you can have is 24-bit which is 16777216,
16 million or so colours.  I don't think any PC display go to 256-bit
colour yet.

So what do you want exactly, better than 16-bit (which is probably
24-bit or trucolor) or less than 16 bit, which is 8-bit?

I didn't think the OP was confused so much as confusing. It is not normal to mix number of bits and number of colours as he did, but his question is clear (once you read it a second time): "How does one switch from 16-bit to 8-bit colours, and have the new setting stick?"

I'm only sorry I couldn't help by answering the question, but perhaps now you can ;).

--

***Best Regards* | Med vänliga hälsningar,

*Peter Hugosson-Miller*

This email has been scanned by the DefenderSoft Email Threat Protection.
For more information please visit www.emailthreatcenter.com