Re: 256 color

On Thu, Nov 15, 2007 at 07:54:56AM -0500, KeLEEgrl28@aol.com wrote:

>    Could you please send me the information on how to change my  16 bit
>    color to  256 color. I have tried through my display settings but when
>    I restart my computer it goes right back to 16 bits.

I think you have your numbers a bit confused!  :-)

"16 bit" colour is 65536 colours, so it's *more* colours than "256
colour".  8-bit colour is 256 colours.

I think the most colour bits you can have is 24-bit which is 16777216,
16 million or so colours.  I don't think any PC display go to 256-bit
colour yet.

So what do you want exactly, better than 16-bit (which is probably
24-bit or trucolor) or less than 16 bit, which is 8-bit?

--
Chris Green