Re: Compiling .deb from source with additional parameters?

On Wed, 2007-11-14 at 01:06 +0100, Davide Mancusi wrote:
> Kenward Vaughan ha scritto:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'd like to be able to compile a package from source (ghemical, FWIW) so
> > that I can add so additional parameters not normally included which will
> > enhance the app for my purposes.  The enhancements are part of the
> > upstream distribution (an interface with GAMESS).
> >
> > Is there a way to do this using apt-get?  Something which might be done
> > in the middle of a sequence like:
> >
> > 	apt-get build-dep ghemical ; apt-get -b source ghemical
> >
> > What would have to be added are the config parameters "--enable-gamess
> > --enable-shortcuts"
>
> 	I think you should have a look at
> $ ./configure --help
> and add or modify the relevant options in <pkg-source>/debian/rules
> (look for CFLAGS). Then build everything using dpkg-buildpackage.

That's the general thought I had--I guess I need to look for an apt-get
option which goes through the process up to the point of actually
building the package (some sort of "download and unpack, but then stop")
then a way to restart after the rules file modification...

Is there anything complicated about the process after getting the build
dependencies beyond simply DL'ing the source package  (e.g. does some
other package have to come with it)?

Kenward
--
The church says the earth is flat, but I know that it is round, for I
have seen the shadow on the moon, and I have more faith in a shadow than