Re: Compiling .deb from source with additional parameters?

Kenward Vaughan ha scritto:
Hi,

I'd like to be able to compile a package from source (ghemical, FWIW) so
that I can add so additional parameters not normally included which will
enhance the app for my purposes.  The enhancements are part of the
upstream distribution (an interface with GAMESS).

Is there a way to do this using apt-get?  Something which might be done
in the middle of a sequence like:

	apt-get build-dep ghemical ; apt-get -b source ghemical

What would have to be added are the config parameters "--enable-gamess
--enable-shortcuts"

	I think you should have a look at
$ ./configure --help
and add or modify the relevant options in <pkg-source>/debian/rules (look for CFLAGS). Then build everything using dpkg-buildpackage.

HTH,
Davide

--
A tautology is a thing which is tautological.