Re: Kppp

On Mon, Nov 12, 2007 at 03:58:00PM -0600, John Hasler wrote:
> Doug writes:
> > Try installing ppp-config...
>
> That's pppconfig.  No dash.
>
> > Then either kppp will work, or just add a button to your desktop that
> > issues a pon provider (or whatever).
>
> Or just install gpppon.   BTW do you really want manual control?  Might
> demand dialing be better?  You can set that up with pppconfig.

I don't know about your phone line, but with mine, it takes about 2
minutes from pon until I've got a ppp0 to work with.  Its a 3Com
Courier so perhaps its all the handshaking, I don't know.

I do use persist since the phone is unreliable.  Now if only rsync had a
timeout to retry (instead of just a timeout to exit).

Doug.