Re: chroot testing of apache installation with multiple fqdn

On Fri, Nov 02, 2007 at 10:50:21AM -0600, John Schmidt wrote:

> Is there a way to set up my chroot environment (or perhaps it is an
> apache issue) that allows me the freedom to move the machine from one

I'm not even sure I really understand the question. Apache doesn't care
all that much about your hostname, unless you're using named virtual
hosts. What you probably need to do is somehow hook into your current
IP/hostname into the chroot.

If you're using schroot, some of this stuff can be handled
"automagically" although at the cost of reducing the security of the
jail by setting:

    run-setup-scripts=true
    run-exec-scripts=true

in your schroot.conf file. You can probably tune the scripts in
/etc/schroot/{exec,setup}.d to do what you want more exactly if you know
what you're doing and feel a bit brave.

Otherwise, maybe you just want to set up a boot-time script that will
copy your /etc/resolv.conf and other networking files into the chroot
before apache runs.

--
"Oh, look: rocks!"
	-- Doctor Who, "Destiny of the Daleks"