recommends not being installed

Hello,
I've set --without-recommends to be the default when installing with aptitude.
Now I want to have recommends for one package installed:

osiris:~/scripts# aptitude --with-recommends -s install awstats
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
Reading extended state information
Initializing package states... Done
Reading task descriptions... Done
Building tag database... Done
  awstats
The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
  libnet-xwhois-perl
0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
Need to get 855kB of archives. After unpacking 4755kB will be used.
Would download/install/remove packages.

Why would libnet-xwhois-perl still not being installed?

Thanks,

Florian