Re: Wireless USB Adaptor in Linux

Magnus Pedersen wrote:
William Thomas wrote:
Magnus Pedersen wrote:

The wl-167g from asus uses the rt2570 driver witch is available via moduleassistant. I use it with no problems on a couple of debian machines.

Did you manage to compile the driver with module-assistant? It didn't
work for me. I had to compile the driver "by hand". m-a couldn't find sources.

Nevertheless it works fine with a very good performance.

By now the are also pre-compiled modules in unstable.

The settings have to be done with iwpriv. network-manager doesn't work etc.

The new driver rt73usb from package rt2x00-source with the new wireless stack is very buggy yet.

William

I had no problems on etch with m-a, but on Lenny the driver wont compile in m-a.

/Magnus

it *does* i think, when you use the option *-f*

steef