Re: recommends not being installed

On Sun, Nov 11, 2007 at 12:55:39PM +0100, Florian Lindner wrote:
> Hello,
> I've set --without-recommends to be the default when installing with aptitude.
> Now I want to have recommends for one package installed:
>
> osiris:~/scripts# aptitude --with-recommends -s install awstats
> Reading package lists... Done
> Building dependency tree... Done
> Reading extended state information
> Initializing package states... Done
> Reading task descriptions... Done
> Building tag database... Done
>   awstats
> The following packages are RECOMMENDED but will NOT be installed:
>   libnet-xwhois-perl
> 0 packages upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 0 not upgraded.
> Need to get 855kB of archives. After unpacking 4755kB will be used.
> Would download/install/remove packages.
>
> Why would libnet-xwhois-perl still not being installed?

I don't know, but the easiest way to solve your problem is to just run
aptitude to get to the CUI, then select awstats, hit 'g', and it will
present you with a section called something like "packages recommended
by others".  Select that and you should see all the recommended
packages.  Mark that for install as well and you'll be fine.

Or you can just specify both on the command line.

Doug.