Re: docx files

* Ron Johnson <ron.l.johnson@cox.net> [2007 Nov 10 08:00 -0600]:

> >> And to the 95% of people who have no clue what a word processor is it
> >> makes you look like a jackass.
> >
> >         Being thought a jackass by morons is a compliment.
>
> I understand your point.  But they are in the majority.
>
> So when you see that "moron" young woman at the club and ask her to
> dance, she thinks "This guy is a jackass." and turns you down,
> possibly rudely.

Especially if you told her straight away not to send .docx files. ;-)

Only about 1 to 5% of those that ask her to dance will get the
opportunity.  Most likely the average guy will get shot down quite
rudely in front of her girlfriends in such a scenerio, but that's
another thread.

> Or any of a thousand other scenarios where it's a bad idea for 95%
> of the world to think you're a jackass.

Most of the populace holds that opinion of everyone else of the
populace regardless of the circumstances at any one time so I would bet
that more than 50% of the time someone thinks another is a jackass.  At
least we can give them a reason to *know* we're a jackass.  :-D

- Nate >>

  Amateur radio exams; ham radio; Linux info @  | free since January 1998.
             http://www.qsl.net/n0nb/           |  "Debian, the choice of
             My Kawasaki KZ-650 SR @            |     a GNU generation!"