Re: disable mounting of bogus CD device on Toshiba USB stick?

On Mon, 2007-11-05 at 21:19 +0530, Raj Kiran Grandhi wrote:

> What you have appears to be one of those U3 drives. Visit
> http://www.u3.com/uninstall and you will find an uninstall utility using
> which you can disable the cdrom 'feature'. Unfortunately, the
> uninstaller runs only on windows, so you will need access to some
> windows box to run it from.

Aha! Thanks a lot!

Might see if I can contact them and extract some protocol specs or code
for disabling it, hopefully there will be a way to disable it from Linux
in the future.

> Apart from using the uninstaller, I do not think there is any way to
> disable the annoying cdrom completely.

Should have been opt-in from the start, I'll be sure not to buy Toshiba
stuff in future.

--
bye,
pabs