Re: Vá: home network behind a firewall/router

Pál Csányi wrote:

> I set up on both box-2 & box-3 the dhcp client to get the
> domain-name-servers, and have these servers in resolv.conf.

Did you enable packet forwarding on box 1?

Yes I did.
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
is 1

Is shorewall masquerading for you?

No, I have not a public IP address yet, so I don't need it.

Typically you will need either IP masquerading or NAT, along with all appropriate modules/drivers (e.g. ethernet bridging.), to enable your local machines' packets to be routed, with is not possible with IP forwarding alone.

If you haven't done so already, please see the excellent networking HOWTO's on the subject.