Minolta driver and management software for Linux

Hello:
I am trying to set up a Minolta Magicolor QMS printer.
The printer is a postscript laser printer.
(The actual model number is QMS 6110 and it is dis-
continued). The printer is set up to connect via ether-
net.
I obtained the software for it  from the Konica Minolta
site today. It is Page Scope for Linux but the documen-
tation refers to Red Hat and Suse with 2.2.x kernels.
Does anyone have experience with this enough to tell
me if there might be compatibility issues, or special
considerations and issues particular to Debian.
I am running Debian etch on AMD64.
I was successful in getting it up on Mac OSX, but that
uses Appletalk. Actually, I have netatalk installed on
the Debian system. Is there advantage in using that?
I want to be able to print out of graphics programs like
Ink Scape, Blender, Gimp, etc and this is the first time
I have tackled printer setup on a Linux system.
Thanks in advance for assistance, advice, suggestions;
Jeff K