Vá: home network behind a firewall/router

2007/11/4, Douglas A. Tutty <dtutty@porchlight.ca>:
> On Sat, Nov 03, 2007 at 07:46:20PM +0100, P?l Cs?nyi wrote:
> >
> > I have a Cable Modem connection to my ISP.

             my ISP

Cable Modem connection to my ISP

             eth3
           get an IP address
          from dhcp server of my ISP
           10.91.0.xxx

    PC box-1 firewall/gateway
    =========================
   eth1                    eth2
192.168.1.1             192.168.2.1
    |                       |
   LAN                     DMZ
    |                       |
   eth0                    eth0
192.168.1.98          192.168.2.100
    |                       |
PC box-2                PC box-3
desktop                 server
Debian Etch             Debian Etch
===========             ===========

> > I can connect from the PC box-1 to the internet,
> > but can't connect from LAN & from DMZ to the internet.
> >
> > I use shorewall on all boxes, but even when I do
> > shorewall clear on all boxes, I still can't to connect to the
> > internet from LAN & DMZ.
> >
> > On the firewall/gateway I have dhcp server which give
> > IP addresses to box-2 & box-3.
> >
> > I set up on both box-2 & box-3 the dhcp client to get the
> > domain-name-servers, and have these servers in resolv.conf.
>
> Did you enable packet forwarding on box 1?

Yes I did.
/proc/sys/net/ipv4/ip_forward
is 1

> Is shorewall masquerading for you?

No, I have not a public IP address yet, so I don't need it.

> Add IP numbers to your diagram.

See above!

> Test by pinging by IP number and worry about DNS once IP works.

from PC box-1 ping PC box-2
ping 192.168.1.98
OK

from PC box-1 ping PC box-3
ping 192.168.2.100
OK

from PC box-1 ping www.google.com
ping www.google.com
OK

from PC box-2 ping PC box-1
ping 192.168.1.1
OK

from PC box-2 ping www.google.com
ping www.google.com
ping: unknown host www.google.com

from PC box-3 ping PC box-1
ping 192.168.1.1
OK

from PC box-3 ping www.google.com
ping www.google.com
ping: unknown host www.google.com

I set up on PC box-1 & box-2 & box-3 dhcpclient so
they get domain-name-servers of my ISP correctly.
I can see the correct nameservers in resolv.conf
of both boxes.

I don't understand what is missing here more?

--
Regards, Paul Csanyi