Re: fglrx upgrade to 8.42.3

On Thu, 01 Nov 2007 the mental interface of
Jonathan Kaye told:

> Elimar Riesebieter wrote:

[...]
> > The r300 Xorg driver supports 3D acceleration very well! On my
> > Mobility Radeon 9600 M10 glxgears runs 1600 fps in windowmode and
> > around 250 fps in fullscreen mode. The diver supports ATI's up to
> > the X850 which is AFAIR rv480? [0] No tainted kernel;) Just
> > OpenSource;)
> >
> > Elimar
> >
> > [0]
> >
> [http://dri.freedesktop.org/wiki/ATIRadeon#head-3ddc08075f8272e94cf5759e751db61f720bcbb1
> Thanks a lot Elimar. I wish it were true. On the link you supplied it says,
> "Cards below this point are not well supported for 3D, but do have
> accelerated 2D
> 9500 denotes a R300 based card."
> I've tried putting in "ati" in the xorg.conf as the driver and never been
> able to get 3D acceleration to work. (I think the r300 driver is
> called "radeon" or "ati" by xserver, yes? I've tried both but not too
> recently.

Section "Device"
        Identifier      "ATI Technologies, Inc. RV350 [Mobility Radeon 9600 M10]"
        BusID           "PCI:0:16:0"
        Driver          "radeon"
        Option          "MergedFB"           "no"
        Option          "UseFBDev"           "yes" #Doesn't work with 6.6.2
        Option          "AGPMode" "4"
        #Compiz Settings
        Option          "XAANoOffscreenPixmaps" "true"
EndSection

Section "Dri"
    group   "video"
    Mode    0660