mydns-mysql installation problem

Hi there,

I'm having some trouble getting mydns-mysql to work.

I entered the wrong mysql root password at configuration on first install, now
I can't dpkg-reconfigure the package, as it says the package is not fully
installed, so I have no way to change the mysql root password that is being
used by dpkg. Re-installing doesn't change the problem. Here are the results.

<install>

nexus2:/var# apt-get install mydns-mysql
Reading package lists... Done
Building dependency tree... Done
  mydns-mysql
0 upgraded, 1 newly installed, 0 to remove and 7 not upgraded.
Need to get 0B/250kB of archives.
After unpacking 692kB of additional disk space will be used.
Preconfiguring packages ...
Selecting previously deselected package mydns-mysql.
(Reading database ... 19058 files and directories currently installed.)
Unpacking mydns-mysql (from .../mydns-mysql_1%3a1.1.0-7_i386.deb) ...
Setting up mydns-mysql (1.1.0-7) ...
/etc/mydns.conf created/modified. See mydns.conf(5) for details.
A backup of the old config file is at /etc/mydns.conf.dpkg-old. Values
were preserved, except for database (database,db-*)
and distribution-specific information (user, group, pidfile).
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password:
YES)
Creating database...
mysqladmin: connect to server at 'localhost' failed
error: 'Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)'
dpkg: error processing mydns-mysql (--configure):
 mydns-mysql

</install>

<dpkg-reconfigure>

nexus2:/var# dpkg-reconfigure mydns-mysql
/usr/sbin/dpkg-reconfigure: mydns-mysql is broken or not fully installed

</dpkg-reconfigure>

If I try

dpkg-reconfigure -P mydns-mysql

it just hangs.

I've manually removed the dpkg conffiles, still no joy, I get the same errors
when trying to install mydns-mysql, and no opportunity to re-configure the
package.

Any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

Andreas Baitis