Re: Apt-Get or Aptitude

On Oct 29, 2007, at 6:00 PM, Celejar wrote:

On Mon, 29 Oct 2007 00:14:18 -0600
Nate Duehr <nate@natetech.com> wrote:

On Oct 28, 2007, at 11:06 AM, Daniel Burrows wrote:

[snip]

I'd say the main difference is that apt-get is a command-line tool,
whereas aptitude is an interactive tool that can be driven from the
command-line.

I would disagree. Aptitude supports command-line operation as well as
interactive.

You do realize that Daniel is both the author and maintainer of
aptitude :) ?

Nope.

I guess he forgot that you can drive aptitude just fine from the command line? ;-)

[Thanks, Daniel, for your Debian, aptitude and d-u work!]

Yep.  Good job.  Aptitude walks the dog, compared to apt-get.

I'm an old dselect guy who "migrated" to aptitude.

It's good stuff.

--
Nate Duehr
nate@natetech.com