winbind + nsswitch issues

Hi

I have just installed a amd64 debian box, installed samba & samba-common
3.0.26a-1 and winbind 3.0.26a-1

I have taken a working smb.conf from another machine (the one I am upgrading
from).

I have done a net join

I have updated my /etc/nsswitch
passwd: files winbind
group: files winbind
shadow: compat

when I do a wbinfo -u or wbinfo -g I get the desired results back, but when i
do a getent passwd or getent group I don't see the windows users there !

I have only updated my pam.d for imap pop & squid

I have had a google around, there is the issue with separators I use the
default and the original machine was using 3.0.2 samba

Any thoughts ?

Alex