A problem about packages dependencies

Hi all.

When I try to install the package msynctool_0.22-2_i386.deb with `dpkg -i
msynctool_0.22-2_i386.deb', Debian Etch complains that the version of libc6 is
too low for that package.  But, when I installed that package (in another
partition of my PC) with `apt-get install msynctool' and the following lines
in /etc/apt/sources.list:

 deb http://opensync.gforge.punktart.de/repo/opensync-0.21/ etch main
 deb-src http://opensync.gforge.punktart.de/repo/opensync-0.21/ etch main

, no complain was made although libc6 was the same old version.  Now, my
question is:

 1) why did Debian complain that time and not that other time?

 2) how can I install that package with no complain, via `dpkg -i' or any
    other way that allows me not to edit sources.list?

Many thanks for any reply
Rodolfo